Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sewing for Dummies

Okay, so I've wanted to learn how to sew for a while now. When I was little, my grandmothers would make me dolls and clothes. My mother graduated from her sewing nook and turned my brother's room into her own sewing paradise. She's makes wedding dresses, baby accessories, quilts (her favorite), and anything else she feels like creating. In fact, if you visit my son's blog, Just Jack, I often take pictures of him playing on a special quilt she made for him out of my grandmother's fabric. My sister loves to quilt; my sister-in-law is a genius with yarn. I've wanted a more productive hobby (blogging is great but at the end of the day you don't have a product in your hand). Watching these women create things has inspired me to give it a try. Here's a picture of a doll my mother made for my son Jack. We call the doll Little Jack.


On a whim, I asked my mother-in-law for a sewing machine for Christmas. I honestly thought she would never find one cheap enough. Well, to my surprise on Christmas day I opened this:

1 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Now we must link sewing stuff. It'll be fun, really. Until I start cussin because the stupid quilt pattern is messed up.